ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:57 pm 

Please help me. I am a happily married man, who was unfaithful on one occasion. I received oral sex, but realized what was happening and made it stop. Since then I have been treated for 14 days with Levaquin 500mg; then 10 days Bactrim. My main probem is that my testicles hurt real bad and now my lower back is hurting. ALso I have a ring around the head of my penis that is red, but it goes away when i am not masterbating. the tip of my penis is also red. my main concerns are epididymits or urethritis caused by chlamydia or gonnorreah. I have had 1 urine test and 2 swap tests in my penis come back negative but i still have pain and discomfort. One urologist said that it was possible a vein or something and wants me to do an ultrasound. should i get a second opinion?

Someone please help me my balls have been hurting for over 2 months.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:15 am 
Site Admin

Cincinnati,

You may want to have a longer discussion with your health care provider as you really didn't have much of a risk for most STDs. The major one would be herpes 1 and that doesn't really cause the symptoms you're describing. Also, the urine test and the swab tests were negative.

Could it be the event that might be causing you some anxiety?
It's possible that your symptoms are not from the incident but perhaps other factors. If your doctor is recommending an ultrasound, it sounds like he's looking to rule out all other possibilities (like a problem with the vein).

Dharma

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]