ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: help!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:52 pm 

Recently, I have noticed symptoms of gonorrhea which may be chlamydia. I cannot get to a doctor until 4 days from now due to I am on business. Do I wait the 4 days which may turn to a stage of untreatable? Or I can buy a treatment drug online on a pharmacy website that was not prescribed by a doctor? I have no idea what to do and noone to turn to ask for advice. Please help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:27 am 
Site Admin

Hi Zigby,

Sorry no one responded to you before now! I usually lurk in the HPV forum and didn't realize no one had responded here.

By now you've probably seen your doctor and have a pretty good idea of what's causing your symptoms. Both chlamydia and gonorrhea can be cured simply with antibiotics, but things you can obtain without a prescription wouldn't be effective. When traveling, sometimes you can find an urgent care clinic. Or, call your clinic back home and see if they will call in a prescription for you or offer some other advice.

If you don't mind stopping by to let us know how you are, we'd appreciate hearing from you.

All the best,
Fredo

Post subject: help and support
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:02 pm 

i need some help
i went to my doctor in september i live in southern indiana and what was supposed to be an annual pap smear turned into a nightmare first she walked in before i was even gowned and ready without even knocking, im thinking wtf is this some crap
then before the exam started i heard the doctor make a comment that she wasnt familiar with the type instruments used again a red flag and wasnt thinking,
she during the pap said something about testing for std's i thought no thats dumb cause 1. i am 45 years not 24 and not sleeping around in fact i have been faithful with my husband for over 25 years and to this day i am not over what came next. first after her making me bleed
will someone please tell me why in the hell a doctor would use a male probe on a female patient?/?????????/ i dont think its routine?
i didnt realize that a male probe was used till the original lab report came to me.
oh and when i refused the std test the doctor ignored my request how is that for professionalism?
needless to weeks later when i was sitting on the table ready for my results when she told me i had clymedia and gonorreah i came unglued im thinking wtf oh she then wanted to retest me im sorry but i had lost faith in her by this time and told her no way cant you treat it thinking omg my husband is in big trouble when he gets home tonight...
oh and the halfass breast exam she also gave me omitting to schedule a mammagram???? how is this for professionalsim
people take note be careful when you go to welness center especially a perdue welness center its a turkey plant and did you know the birds carry std's im thinking if i didnt get hit from hubby maybe they got my results mixed up with the birds...
three weeks later my husband goes in to be treated and this story gets better NOT only did the doctor omit to test him saying it was stupid and a waste of time the damn doctor grabbed my medical records and decided to look thru and im not sure what he was doing but guess he would take the lazy way out and just (treat) hubby with the meds i was treated with not only was his a different antibiotic but the damn doctor gave him two??
the attorney general was notified but seems they didnt want to mess with it they just said to get an attorney attorney's dont want to mess with it cause it didnt cause death what bout mental anguash to me thats worse than physical pain which heals mental pain never goes away i know i suffer from bi-polar disorder and depression......
to anyone who reads thanks for taking the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

Hi there,

Thanks for your post and sharing your story with us. What an ordeal it sounds like you've been through! I'm sorry this has all been so difficult.

Women often don't have symptoms of gonorrhea and chlamydia (sometimes men don't, either) so if you were treated before your husband and had sex before he got his meds, check to see if they want to treat you again to be on the safe side.

I wish I had more to say to help you through this. Please check in with us again to let us know how you are, ok?

Best to you,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]