ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:25 pm 

Hello,

I hope my explanation isn't too long but I feel this is the only place someone might care ! I asked my doctor and all she says is I can only tell you what the test results are.
Anyhow, here is my story. I was in a long term relationship with Peter and we broke up in december. We met up early April and had unprotected sex as we always did. He swore he had not been able to meet someone which I want to believe. Shortly after, I met a guy and we started having unprotected sex here and there (VERY STUPID). About 10 days ago one of his testicule was swollen, turns out he had epididymis, doc said it was GC. Next day I go get tested, and results come back, it is not GC, it's chlamydia ! he went to get retested and we are still waiting for the chlamydia results (they ruled out GC).
Now the new guy says he got std screening in December and had nothing and that he had 2 casual sex encounters with condoms.
I confronted the old boyfriend and he said he got tested 3 weeks ago and nothing. Maybe I am stupid but I believe both of them for reasons I will spare you !
My questions are, is epididymis a symptom of chlamydia or is more a long term consequence ? So could he have had it for a while and develop the epididymis or is the timing an indication that I gave it to him.
I also had what i thought was a yeast infection about 3 weeks after my last contact with old boyfriend but really really mild itch, could it be a symptom ?
Could I have had chlamydia for months and not give it to my old boyfriend ?

Last question, if I have sex with a condom and I took the treatment 4 days ago. What are the chances I can give it to someone ?

Thank you, i am sorry it is so long, please don't judge me I know I acted like a fool but I get caught up in emotions and scarred =((((((

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:58 pm 
Site Admin

Hi and thanks for posting.

Epididymitis is inflammation of a coiled tube, the epididymis, that resides in the the testicles. Most cases (but not all) stem from chlamydia infection. The incubation period is not well defined, but a span of several weeks or months after infection is often referenced in the literature.

Quote:
Last question, if I have sex with a condom and I took the treatment 4 days ago. What are the chances I can give it to someone ?

Chlamydia is completely curable. It's usually recommended to wait a week or so after treatment before resuming sexual contact, but it's important for all of your recent or current partners to be treated; even if they have no symptoms they could have the infection and give it back to you.

Hope this helps. Good luck and post anytime.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]