ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:21 pm 
Site Admin

Dear ASHA,

I am writing to you from Pioneer Productions in the UK. We are producing a new and exciting documentary series for the National Geographic channel in the U.S. and the BBC in the UK which will explore the scientific secrets behind love, sex and relationships. The series will combine observational filming with cutting edge computer graphics and the latest scientific research to explore what’s really happening inside the body and
the brain during the highs and lows of our relationships and sex lives.

Within the series we’re therefore keen to explain how STI’s work within the body and we’ll be using computer generated imagery to show how Chlamydia works and the repercussions this bacteria can have if undetected.

We’d therefore like to interview someone who has had Chlamydia in the past and suffered repercussions with their health or fertility as a result. Do you have any links to people or organisations that may be able to help us find this person? Perhaps we could find someone who felt strongly on the subject and would want to warn of the potential dangers of contracting STI’s.

Also, perhaps this person may give talks in schools or to youth groups to warn of the dangers of unprotected sex.

It will be an educational and informative piece. It will help to explain a vast range of topics and help young people understand STI’s in more depth and the dangers of unprotected sex.

If you think you may be able to help in some way or you would like more information please let me know and I will be happy to provide.

Email address is matt.smith@pioneertv.com.

Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Matt Smith | Assistant Producer

Posted by Fredo