ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is it a bad idea?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:59 pm 

I am new to the HPV world. I am still kind of unsure whether I actually have it to be honest. I have had one girlfriend that I am pretty sure had it since hearing about some of the symtoms I saw from her. My last girlfriend was kind enough to inform me she had it when I found a wart on her. Now a new girl I am interested in informed me she had it as well. (It is becoming clear to me that this really is common.) Now for my question since I know for a fact she has it is it a good idea for me to enter this relationship? I have never had any symptoms that have really worried me or my doctor. I really like her but I am a bit afraid of new symptoms since there are 70 different types. Is this a bad idea? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:40 am 

I think in a situation like this you need to follow your heart... What if this girl is the one for you and you let her go over something the next girl you sleep with may have? You could always date this girl for awhile without sleeping with her to see if there are ongoing feeling... Hope I've helped...

Teri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:12 pm 

I totally agree.

I am in the same boat. However, I was never aware of any previous girlfriend having HPV. But it would seem to have been likely.

My current gf has it and as far as I know, I do not. I love her all the same. It's not like it's her fault.

If your worried about it. Take the relationship slow. If you have sex, wait for the symtoms to disappear. Those are your safest bets. Though it seems if you do have sex, you will most likely get it.

Hope this helps.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]