ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Might be at risk for HPV
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:12 am 

I am currently living in Korea and the guy that I've been with for about three months now told me this week that a girlfriend that he had about three years ago has HPV. He may have contracted it through her but there is no way to know. He has never had genital warts and it's been seven years since any abnormal paps have come back for his ex girlfriend.

I want to know a.) how soon is too soon to get myself checked out?
b.) Does family history play any role in how your immune system deals with the possible virus.
c.) Is six months too long to wait before getting a pap. My annual pap smear is due in the summer and it is hard to find an English speaking doctor that can answer my questions in my city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:57 am 

Chances are good that if his last gf was diagnosed with it 3 years ago that he's cleared it from his system if he indeed had it. It never hurts to err on the side of caution though and to ask for a hpv dna test during your next pap test. No idea if you can get that where you are at though :(

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]