Don't hesitate to get a 2nd opinion if you aren't comfortable with what your current doctor is telling you. You can ask if there is someone else in the practice you can see your next appointment or even consult at another clinic. I wouldn't say that she's using you as a guinea pig - I'd say she's being very cautious and wanting to do the best she can for you and your unborn child.
why does she think you are going to miscarry? just because of the + hpv test or something else? When you were tested for hpv did they tell if you if it's high risk or low risk? Taking the wait and see approach with hpv is acceptable - especially with negative pap tests and if you have low risk hpv. The natural immunosuppression of pregnancy can trigger a hpv infection to be more active so being on top of things is always a good idea. Talk about what other options there are beside the coloposcopy and biopsy if you aren't comfortable having it done at this point.
Have you also talked about daily suppressive therapy in the pregnancy doses for the last month of pregnancy for your herpes? I know it's early on but be sure to know from the gitgo how your doctor plans on letting you treat recurrences during pregnancy as well as how to reduce the chances of having an obvious lesion at the time of delivery so you can delivery vaginally. it's never too early to talk about it all so you are prepared.
Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy