ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Another new member
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:53 pm 

New to the site, but I've been dealing with HPV since the late 90s. I had the LEEP performed in '97, had a PAP every six months for 3 years and thought all was well.

Last March the results were abnormal, again. The gyn also found a small dark spot on the vulva, and sent me to a gyn/oncologist. What started out as "an excision of the affected area" ended up with me losing about 50% of the vulva. Recovery was awful. And although my husband was supportive, 'things' have changed.

Well, I really disliked the surgeon and ignored the 6-month check-up. Guess what? The dysplasia is back, internally and externally. I'm waiting for biopsy results, I'm scared to death, my best friend lives in another state and all hubby can do is stand there.

I know stress causes outbreaks, but I'm incapable of being calm right now. I know smoking isn't good for me or this condition and in two days I've cut my use from 2 packs to 1. When these are gone, that's it.

How can I deal with this recurrance? I can't even rely on my 'crutch' of smoking, and drinking before 5 pm is not a good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:27 pm 

LOL all hubby can do is stand there. Sorry - I know its stressful now, but that was funny.

All I would suggest is that you do things to take care of you. Bubble baths, exercise, some chocolate, etc - anything that makes you relax. Stay busy so you aren't constantly thinking about this.

Oh and if you don't like the surgeon, find a new one. Forming a partnership with the surgeon is sooo important.

Hang in there -
Jess

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:39 am 

Jessi, thanks for the encouragement.

What kinds of supplements can I take to boost my immune system more?I take Omega-3, calcium with D, a Centrum-like multi, 81 mg aspirin. We exercise, have fruits and veggies daily and hubby would sleep 20 hours a day if allowed!

Aldera cream claims to boost the immune system as it treats the visible warts, but it was socaustic I had to stop treatment.

I have to wait for the results before looking for a new surgeon, but I agree that the relationship is important. I guess I was hoping for more compassion from the first doctor - his waiting room was always full and he's one of the top-rated in the country. I felt he was condescending, dismissive and purposely vague about the results. I had to complain to my gyn and have her call his office for the report!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]