ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:38 pm 

I was the unlucky one that had warts goin on almost 4 years without symptoms i never had the warts burned off and never went to the doctor about them i just knew thats what they were well i had the hpv testing done and now my test came back negative for low risk types and my doc says that if i test negative that i dont have to worry about them coming back unless i get reexposed to a diff type should i go by what doc says im confused because i hear so many diff things and its like i told my doc i dont wanna go 8 years down the road thinking its gone and then give it to someone or have a outbreak all a suden after a pregnancy im scared to death to have another outbreak after thinking its all over with can someone help and answer this please i dont know what to believe im only 21 now going on 22 i dont want these things to come back during pregnancy and is there any thing i could do before i ever get preg t avoid them ? i guess i just realy dont have faith in what doc is telling me becuse i read so much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:10 am 
Site Admin

Hi there,

It's not clear if you still have warts or not, and it seems as if you were never diagnosed with HPV/genital warts. If you do have symptoms that you think are warts, your health care provider can usually tell you simply by looking at them closely (sometimes with a magnifying lens).

HPV testing is only approved for use in a clinic to check the cervix, so it isn't a general means of figuring out if you have HPV beyond the cervix specifically. Still, for most individuals the immune system is able to clear HPV pretty well, and you can read more of the discussions we've about that at http://www.ashastd.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=394. HPV can lead to recurrent warts, but this usually doesn't happen many years after the last episode.

Hope this helps,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]