ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: support
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:28 pm 

Hello all. I am a 21 year old male and I have recently started to see this girl that I really like and so I went to planned parenthood to take an std test to make sure non of the things I have done in the past would hurt her. Be it fate or not, the day before I went I noticed that I had these raised brown spots on my penis and when I went to PP the clinician told me they were hpv warts (I thank god that I found out before I got more involved with this girl). She applied an acid that turned them white and they have fallen off and it appears the skin is healing on its own. My current concern is that for the past few months I have had these white bumps that look like pimples on my testicles. The hpv warts I had on my penis looked like raised brown moles. I know that there are different types of hpv that cause different looking warts so I do not know what these are. Before I thought they were hair follicles filled with oils but with my hpv diagnosis I am unsure. I am sorry that this post is long, I have not talked to anyone about my hpv infection and am feeling very lonely at times.

Post subject: follow up
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:57 pm 

Sorry to bother again but I have been examining these hard pimple like bumps on my testicles and they appear to be more fleshy colored unless i push the skin up in the air during which they turn white like when you grab a piece of pubic hair. there are also some that are bigger and some that are smaller. it is difficult to tell which ones are there all the time because when i move my pubic hair around, similar white bumps pop up. if these are also warts like I think they are, wont it be very hard to remove since some of them are very small? Also I have had one of these pimple like bumps before and there was a hard lump under the skin attached to it. aghh im soo confused. I have my follow up at planned parenthood on monday to get my std results but any guidance would be very appreciated.

I also find this forum a good way to express my concerns and am very grateful it exists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:11 am 

Massboy, I think I can speak for most when I say: we're not doctors, haven't met or examined you and therefore cannot make any kind of diagnosis. Get to a doctor.

This condition is, unfortunately, more common than you might think. You're not going to shock a doctor. Your diagnosis and treatment are private, so there's no reason to to fear any embarassment.

Get checked, please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:05 am 
Site Admin

Hello massboy,

Molock's right in that it's difficult to speculate about symptoms, and bumps can occur in the genital area for many, many reasons. Your health care provider should be able to sort it out for you without much difficulty, but I know that waiting for a clinic visit can be hard.

You might also want to review the relationship section of our HPV web site at http://www.ashastd.org/hpv/hpv_learn_relationships.cfm. If you have specific questions, please feel free to post here anytime.

All the best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]