ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Some Good News
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:05 pm 

Hi all. I had my colopscopy today. Visual exam of the outer vaginal area showed NO genital warts. YEAH! I also do not/do not have any internal genital warts. NONE. Again...YEAH! The dr took several samples of vaginal tissue which she will send off for biopsy. This was not painful. I have three moles on my inner thigh and groin area. She wants to biopsy because she says one looks suspicious. I return tomorrow and she will remove the moles and do some additional STD testing for me. She thinks I'm being paranoid but wants me to have some peace of mind. Dr. believes my system should clear this rather quickly. We shall see. I feel so much better knowing I don't have genital warts. Thanks for listening. [/size][/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:56 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for sharing this, gulliver. I'm glad you checked in and if you want to post an update to let us know how you are, we'd be happy to hear from you anytime.

Fredo

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:35 pm 

Fredo,

Thanks for acting as moderator for such an informative bulletin board. I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about HPV. LOL I guess the commonality all of us share regardless of age, race, gender, etc. is the shame and embarrassment a diagnosis of STD can bring.

I returned to dr today for the vuvlar biopsies. She removed three moles from inner thigh and took 2 samples of tissue from vulva. The only pain was from the local. The areas are still stinging which I was told before the procedure. I was also tested for Hepatitis and a couple other STDs. I'm so thankful I have a great gyn. I told her this has taken our relationship to a whole new level. There won't be anything I will be embarrassed to discuss with her in the future.

I guess in the scheme of things I am luckier than some of the other folks on here. I've had a hysterectomy so I don't run a risk of cervical cancer. I don't have warts so that's another positive. Right now I need to lick my wounds and regain my dignity. I saw my therapist for the first time today. We clicked and I hope to work through this issue. I have alot of abuse in my childhood and the stress of finding out I have HPV has caused alot of old feelings to surface and bring on depression.

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:48 am 

Glad everything is going better :) keep us posted!

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:00 pm 

well done on seeing a therapist to help you through this and the old re surfacing issues. I wish you well and that you get through the depression quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:01 pm 

didnt mean to sound patronising there, i used to be an addictions counselor and mental health nurse for years and know its hard to take the first step in talking to therapists. thats what i meant.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]