ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: ejaculation and HPV
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:11 pm 

sorry there probably is a post on this but cant find it. does it increase the risk of contracting HPV if the man ejaculates inside the woman... My partner has the virus but has never had warts, he knows as his ex broke out in the warts. and his ex before that told him she had the virus after they had been together 6 months???

anyway i didnt know enough about the virus to begin with as it looks like the infor i got from a health professional was not so good. He told me oral sex was safe and we do a lot of this..I have since found this site and am panicing a bit. shall i just carry on with oral as well as the other penetrative methods does it make a difference if he ejaculates??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:03 pm 

Hi chalkie,
Here's the answer to your question:

Genital HPV is spread through skin-to-skin contact, not through an exchange of bodily fluid.

So you could just rub your gentials together, no penetration, and you can contract the virus. One of the many reasons it's so easily passed. If you've had sex, chances are you now have it. Condoms help, but are not 100% as they only cover the shaft. Not everything else. The link I supplied below should help answer other questions for you. As for oral sex, I hear it's extremely rare to contract HPV in your mouth:

Warts are not commonly found in the mouth, so some experts believe that transmission through oral sex is not as likely as with genital-to-genital or genital-to-anal contact.

I got my information from here: http://www.ashastd.org/hpv/hpv_learn.cfm

You can find lots of useful information there. Just click on the various links to the side.

Best thing to do is educate yourself, and get to know your genitals really well. That may sound funny and/or perverse, but trust me. It's good to know what's what down there, so if anything out of the ordinary pop's up, you'll be prepared. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I didn't take the time after I was diagnosed. Now I'm paranoid thinking this and that bump maybe a wart. I have to get myself to a dr tomorrow to help me sort what's what out. Now I wished I had examined myself better in the beginning. Another good thing to do is boost your immune system. Taking vitamins, etc.. Taking care of your body (if you're not already) and mind. If you smoke, QUIT. That will not help anything, and can make the situation worse. Keep up on your pap tests if you're female. That can also be a very early detector.

I know I'm over answering your main questions, but just wanted to throw all that out there, too. Especially since you're starting to panic right now. Trust me...I know how you feel. I'm still dealing with my vast array of emotions right now myself. I'm dealing with some major depression and attitude in regards to this crap. It takes time to deal with something like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:37 pm 

thanks so much for getting back to me i am looking at myself every day and him to be honest. I am female so will book a pap test asap. I do understand the panic thing, i was practically ripping my insides out last night looking for some oddity and seeing things that arent even there. will definately be keeping an eye on this site its so helpful and its nice to know there are so many others out there with the hpv.

thanks again

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]