ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: hand job and warts
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:33 pm 

Has anyone seen a real case of hand job (receiving) causing a genital warts?

I know there is therically possible, but I really want to knoe if there is any real case

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:08 pm 

Can't say that I recall anyone on the boards ever posting that the only sexual contact they ever had was getting a hand job and then ending up with genital warts. I know some studies published show that "virgins" ( I use that term in quotes since just because you haven't had penetrative genital sex, doesn't mean you aren't having a lot of intimate contact ) test + for hpv in studies but it's not something that I can recall ever showing up on the boards. Perhaps when Fred comes back next week he'll have something to add but it's one of those things that can happen but is very unlikely to happen. Personally, it's not something I ever worry about myself.

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:56 am 

did fred come back? I am so nevrous :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:43 am 

If you received a hand job and are worried about hpv, it's not really worth any worry over. It's possible but highly improbable.

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

Betsy is absolutely correct, as usual. Don't worry about hand to genital contact, as any risk here is minimal at best.

Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:03 am 

thank very much for both of your replies. Autcally I alos consulted two 2 professional STD doctors, when they heard my questions, they were very suprised that my exposure is highly impossible for GW. They said if really simply using a "hand", they really haven't seen any real case for the cuase of genital warts.

I don't know whether the doctors just only pacify my worry in order to not terrify myself too much or not. I just want to know, according to your clinical moderator expenience (or supposed you got more clinical real cases than mine), have you seen such a kind of case?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]