ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:47 pm 

hi, im an 18 year old female and on november 10 i noticed dark brown bumps around my anus and on the 11th i went to my dr, she indeed did tell me i had gential warts, she gave my condylox and they cleared up within the first treatment week. The thing is im positive i got it from my ex, and we had sex multiple times, vaginal only, no anal,each without a condom, i broke up with him in late august, and started going out with my current bf nov 2nd my questions are

1. is it odd that i got them only in my anal area and not my vagina i've been to many obgyns, normal drs, and health clinics and they dont see any
2. since condylox cleared up the warts in the first week does that mean i have a good immune system and will proably be one of the lucky ones who clear within two years?
3.me and my current bf have unprotected vaginal sex and have been for about three months (started b4 i founf out i had hpv) and he still does not have any warts and we both check closely so does that mean he most likely wont get any?
4. since ive been clear for 3 months am i good to go
5. if GW were going to pop up in my vaginal area, would they happen by now since its been alomst 6 months since i last had sex with my ex?
6. I occasionaly give my bf oral, what are the chances of me getting oral warts from him when he dosnt have any, and he has had checkups
7. i heard about the hpv dna test, i really want it done, where can i get it at?
8. i heard about cicrvax6 (crossing fingers) what are the chances of it working and is there any updates?

I'm sorry for all the questions :? i just cant find anywhere that answeres them, and all of my dr.s say different things
thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:46 am 
Site Admin

1. is it odd that i got them only in my anal area and not my vagina i've been to many obgyns, normal drs, and health clinics and they dont see any

Not unheard of, and sometimes anal warts are detected in those with no history of anal sex.

2. since condylox cleared up the warts in the first week does that mean i have a good immune system and will proably be one of the lucky ones who clear within two years?

I don't know how much you can read into that, really, but it is encouraging you responded to treatment and have remained clear of warts.

3.me and my current bf have unprotected vaginal sex and have been for about three months (started b4 i founf out i had hpv) and he still does not have any warts and we both check closely so does that mean he most likely wont get any?

No way to predict what will happen with an individual, but the vast majority of cases do not result in any visible symptoms ever being detected.

4. since ive been clear for 3 months am i good to go

Most recurrences do happen within the first three months following treatment, but I don't think you can say there's no chance at all warts might return. After six months, it would be unusual to see anymore, though.

5. if GW were going to pop up in my vaginal area, would they happen by now since its been alomst 6 months since i last had sex with my ex?

Don't know the odds but much like I mentioned previously, it is encouraging you've gone this long without seeing any vaginal lesions.

6. I occasionaly give my bf oral, what are the chances of me getting oral warts from him when he dosnt have any, and he has had checkups

No one can answer that question, since the exact risks of HPV and oral sex aren't determined. The main recommendation here is not to perform oral sex on a partner while warts are present.

7. i heard about the hpv dna test, i really want it done, where can i get it at?

The HPV DNA test is done along with a Pap test as part of cervical cancer screening for 1) women over age 20 with unclear Pap results and 2) as primary cervical cancer screening for women age 30 and over. Most any clinic can do it, but most of them no longer test for "low risk" HPV types that cause warts, just FYI.

8. i heard about cicrvax6 (crossing fingers) what are the chances of it working and is there any updates?

None yet, we're all hoping they release something soon.

Best,
Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:07 am 

Hi fredo I would like to thank you sooooo much for your reply. It has made me feel extremly better. But I have one more questions it's been over 6 months since the ecounter and I still have no warts in my vagina and 4 months since the I had my anal warts removed by condylox. And I have one more question I suffer from a minor case of psoriasis it comes and goes on my scalp. I've heard it's a immune disorder. Will it effect my hpv from clearing and will it make me have more reacurences? Thank you I've been searching everywhere for this answer! I would again like to say it's amazing and extremly nice that you take time out of your life to address all these questions
Also any word on cicrvax6?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:30 am 
Site Admin

I suffer from a minor case of psoriasis it comes and goes on my scalp. I've heard it's a immune disorder. Will it effect my hpv from clearing and will it make me have more recurrences? Thank you I've been searching everywhere for this answer! I would again like to say it's amazing and extremely nice that you take time out of your life to address all these questions.

Hmm, I've never heard that individuals with psoriasis have more difficulty clearing HPV and related lesions, but I don't have any expertise here. I think there's some debate as to what exactly causes psoriasis: one theory is that it's related to a disorder of the immune system, but I believe the thinking here is it might have something to do with the immune system being a bit more active than usual. The immune system/HPV link is probably more along the lines of when immunity is suppressed.

Also any word on cicrvax6?

Not yet, and a newswire search turns up nothing new as of this morning.

Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]