ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:50 pm 

I don't have insurance and I do not qualify for any government program including Planned Parenthood because supposedly I make too much money -what a joke.

Even Planned Parenthood's sliding scale is prohibitive with my "high" income-I already checked-

So, I will have to go to Tijuana Mexico to do pap smears and HPV screening. Anybody knows of well qualified Ob Gyns there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program

http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/cancercontacts/nbccedp/contacts.asp

Click the above link to see if there is a free Pap test program in your area, and if you qualify.

Go to
http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/cancercontacts/nbccedp/contactlist.asp for a list of state contacts. If there is no free program in your area, or if you don't qualify, maybe ask if they can suggest something.

I'm sorry you're going through this. So frustrating to be a tweener...too much income to qualify for many of the public assistance programs, but not enough to handle the costs all on your own. Talk about letting people fall through the cracks!

Fredo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:04 pm 

i checked the above info, and I still don't qualfy. I now need another pap, maybe a colposcopy if it comes out with problems, and have no money but supposedly make too much money to qualify for low cost help.

Please help. Ask your girlfriends form Mexico.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]