ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: HPV and working
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:09 pm 

Hi, I don't know if anyone can answer this for me or not. I was diagnosed with high risk HPV in October, since had the colposcopy (negative cancer) and went in for the laser ablation this morning. Doctor is certain he got all of it and will have re-check in three months. (FYI no warts have been found, I had a full STI check because of suspicions of my ex-boyfriend.)

What I am wondering right now is if I am limited in career choices because of this virus? I have been thinking about becoming a nurses assistant, but don't want to do this if it will put others at risk.

BTW, I am doing great after surgery this AM, very little pain or discharge.

Great site...I'm so grateful for the internet! Otherwise I would have been freaking more after diagnosis than I already was! ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:52 am 

Of course not. You can and should, pursue any career you desire. A current positive test (which in 90% of cases becomes negative within 24 months) will not prevent you from being a nurses assistant.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:12 am 

Staying Positive wrote:
Of course not. You can and should, pursue any career you desire. A current positive test (which in 90% of cases becomes negative within 24 months) will not prevent you from being a nurses assistant.

Thank you!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]