ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: just an update
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:54 am 

I went to the gyno last week..good news my cervix looks fine..pap came back fine....so no lesions have traveled up there.
I had the freezing the other week got rid of some warts with just one treatment bonus... but i now have aldara to use....for some hard to reach ones....and holy crap does this crap burn and itch...and i'm so swollen..this is normal right?

some got into my vagina? is this ok? i have some warts right there and in my inner labia so close to my vagina....I have had 4 treatments so far...not sure if its working yet but i notced one gone or just really small now...thye siad can take up to 2 weeks to see progress so i will wait. ...but man this is uncomforable.....don't want to do this for a month...i rather just blast with nitro and be doen with it..didn't hurt me. I have another appt in a month at the gyno... i wanted the nitro again but she wanted to give me aldara since it boots immune system....well i will bare it if it will help me clear it.

I have been more relaxed about this now,, but just want it over...i think i'm more relaxed because i have doctor's appts lined up now. oh yea i'm switching family docs finally found me new one...since mine was a bitch and screwed up appt times..i have yet to yell at them for that.....i may got back to the derm and get more nitro if this aldara doesn't work...since i heard it doesn't for everyone and it's like 50/50....nitro worked for me.

oh and thank go i quit smoking back before this stuff happpend such a relief....i'm taking so many vitamins now and looking forward to soccer soon and warm weather so i can get more excerise...

FEELING LESS STRESSED NOW...THANKS FOR BEING MY SOUNDING BOARD YALL! LUV YA :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:19 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad to hear you're feeling a little less stressed now. Sorry you're uncomfortable after using the aldara; skin irritation (burning, itching, redness) of some degree is pretty common. It's usually described as mild but can vary, of course.

Your doctor is correct in that aldara works by stimulating a response from the immune system, directly in the cells in the area where it's applied.

If you don't mind, keep us posted and let us know how you're doing when you finish the aldara, and if your doctor suggests anything else for you at that point. Of course, we also love hearing from you so just post any ol' time you can!

Keep in touch!
Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:06 pm 

I'm not as irritated as before..i think i had the worse of it for the first 3 treatments..i just finished treatment 5 today....i don't see anymore warts...it worked!...well unless they are miro flat ones...which in that case im going to continue with aldara and use the full treatments as told.....i'm just so happy right now....but i know they can come back and probably will in the first three months... but at least i know which treatments work for me now!!!

Thanks Fredo your a sweetheart!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:00 am 
Site Admin

Excellent news, and thanks for sharing! I'm glad the Aldara worked so well.

Fredo :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]