ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:51 pm 

Hi,

I have one fat wart in my vaginal area and about 5 small and pointy warts under my anal area. The treatment I'm getting is freezing them off. My OBGYN said it can take 1 to 10 visits to freeze them off completely. So far I've had two freezing sessions, the latest one this morning. I'm not sure how good of a doctor she is, because the office itself looks a little run down. Can someone tell me that her method is correct - does it take that many visits to freeze them off? On other websites, it sounds like it only takes one freezing session.

I keep hoping to get them removed asap - for obvious emotional reasons. She said the first visit, the vaginal wart was a little bloody the first time she froze it, and she was happy to see that today it had shrunk a lot. But still, all of them are still there. The vaginal wart right now is a little grey looking.

Another semi-related question -- once the warts are removed, is it a minimal risk for a partner to catch it orally? And I'm assuming it's much less of a risk that someone will catch it with sexual contact, but still risky?

And just making sure -- are the moderators who answer these questions health professionals? Do you have degrees in something?

Thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:10 pm 

By the way - thank you for this supportive website! :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:01 am 

it only took me one treatment with freezing to get rid of some external warts. but i was told most people need 2-3 treatments. its will look grey for about a week. get them to prescribe you aldara with the freezing treatment. good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:13 pm 

Heya Paper! Dunno about the degrees, but Fredo is very knowledgeable, and when necessary he consults doctor people when he's able to for questions.

As was stated, make sure you have Aldara with the cryo....I personally had electrocautery so not sure about the number of treatments needed, but the Aldara should help to keep warts from coming back. I think electrocautery is supposed to be more successful at keeping warts from recurring, maybe because it burns the wart down to a deeper level/removing more of the virus.

Ano-genital HPV normally prefers the southern regions; they CAN (rarely) go up to the head-neck region. I don't think you have to worry about it. And yes---removing the wart (which is very contagious) will lower the risk of HPV transmission.

Good luck, and let us know what happens!

Post subject: thank you!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:00 am 

Thank you for your replies!!!

I'll ask my gyno about prescribing that medication, she didn't mention that...I'm going today for another round...

thank you again!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]