ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:59 am 

Dear Members,

I am devastated. I am 46 years old and a mother to a 8 year old boy. I found out my husband cheated on me with this woman who has HPV. Now, I have it. I am scared and destroyed. I am beyond depress, and I do not feel that I can handle this. I worried about me coming down with throat cancer, anal, cervix, the whole thing. I just want to live to see my son grow up, and I want to grow old. I will try to do everything in my power to live a healthy lifestyle, but I am scared.

I will be so appreciative if anyone ever hears of a scientist or biochemist working on a cure for this disease. If I hear of anything, I will too let you guys know if I hear of any news of a cure. When I get some money together, I will subscribed to the asha news letter.

Thank you,

Shegi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:38 am 
Site Admin

Hi shegi,

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry for what you're going through, and can only imagine how difficult all of this must be. Along with the relationship issues this brings, you're worried about your health!

First of all, just because a man is with a woman who has, or had, HPV doesn't automatically mean he would have the virus or could transmit it to another partner. When a woman does get HPV, though, let me tell you that it's rare for her to have any type of HPV-related medical complication that arises. Most with HPV will never have even a single abnormal Pap test as a result, and for those who do the risks of anything serious developing are almost always slight. The key is always having regular Pap tests, but understand that any type of cancer is a very, very rare outcome of HPV.

The immune system usually does clear the virus within a few months, and almost always over a year or two.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, or just want to vent a bit, please feel free.

Best always,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]