ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:25 am 

I've only slept with my partner a few times. My tests had been coming out negative in the past 1yrBut worse case scenario, if tested postive, could he have gotten the virus after 4 to 5 times of having sex?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:09 am 

Are you sure you are talking about HPV and not HSV? There really isn't a test for HPV which is why I am asking. If you meant HSV, there is a separate forum for it.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:34 am 

veryconcerned1 wrote:
Are you sure you are talking about HPV and not HSV? There really isn't a test for HPV which is why I am asking. If you meant HSV, there is a separate forum for it.

I'm referring to HPV... I read that if you've been with a partner for a long time that you mostly like passed it on. I'm wondering if you've only had sex a few times (4), if you'd still pass the virus.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:26 pm 

75catalina wrote:
veryconcerned1 wrote:

I'm referring to HPV... I read that if you've been with a partner for a long time that you mostly like passed it on. I'm wondering if you've only had sex a few times (4), if you'd still pass the virus.

You can contract HPV on the first time you are with someone. Condoms offer some protection, but they do not cover all the genital skin and as such, transmission is still possible.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]