ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Another Oral HPV ???
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:29 pm 

From what I read here, it seems uncommon. Here's my situation. 37 yr old male. Contracted genital HPV when I was 20. From time to time, a couple of warts pop up and I get them frozen off. I had vaginal intercourse almost 2 weeks ago. Condom came off without me realizing it. I ended up getting Chlamydia from the woman. I was given a single dose of Azithromycin. It's been 48 hours since the dose and I already feel much better.
Here's my worry. I did perform oral on the woman. Within hours of taking the Azithromycin, I felt some weird things in my mouth with my tongue. Upon inspection, there are about 3 clusters of tiny white bumps in my mouth (mostly inner cheeks, no tongue). Perhaps they were there before, but I don't believe so. My concerns are: 1. Could I possibly have gotten oral hpv, but I wouldn't think symptoms would show that quickly. 2. Part of the Chlamydia infection. 3. Something else, maybe side effect of medication. I don't believe they are warts, because for the most part, all of the timy white bumps look the same. Very small, almost like the tip of a piece of rice. Not really any variation in shape or color. I thought may fungal, like thrush, but there is no cottage cheese, or creamy characteristic to it.
I don't have insurance right now, so am hesitant to go to a dentist. I know this sounds weird, but I apprecitate any feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:43 pm 
Site Admin

Oral yeast infections (thrush) are possible with Azithromycin, but are regarded as rare. Nothing you're describing is characteristic of either HPV or chlamydia, neither of which is frequently detected in oral diseases. A pharmacist can offer some advice, especially regarding the medicine. Any clinic should be reasonably able to assess your symptoms, which is the best thing to do.

Best,
Fredo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:06 pm 

Thanks for the quick response. Should I go to a reguar Dr. such as walk in clinic, or go to a dentist?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

Whichever is most cost effective for you should work ok. If by chance there's something going on they're not sure about, they can always refer you on elsewhere.

Let us know how you're doing.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]