ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:14 am 

Hello. I was 27 year old when that happened.Now I'm 28. It happens to me something that I never thought could happen to me.Till the 30th of January 2007 when I understood after a smear test that I have abnormal cells on the cervix, I was living a normal live. I have a husband and a two year old daughter.Last year the same month I had a normal pap test group II. One year later I had a test Group IIIB - IV. I was made a biopsy that shew Displasia I, II and CIN 3. After that I was made a cone biopsy and I was told that everything is good now and I only have to make Pap test every 3 or 6 months. BUT I'm so confused, scared and upset of everything I have red about HPV and cancer that I can not live a normal live. Every minute I think about I have the virus in me and that it is possible that all returns again and that I will never have a normal live and having sex whitout thinking all the time of this. Please, help me!!! What can I do to be sure that I'm entirely cured and 100% healthy ? And what can I do so the virus never attac me? And is it possible that I have not the virus in me? I have never made a test of it.
last I would like to ask if Interferone pills have any side effects and what?Thank you a lot! You are my only friends with who I can talk about it.! Please help me!I'm too young and I don't want a die....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:26 am 
Site Admin

Hello and welcome to this forum. We're glad to have you here with us.

Cervical cancer is not a common outcome of HPV, and can be prevented in virtually all cases by having regular Pap tests and, when needed, treatment and follow up exams. It sounds from your post as if you're doing everything recommended by your healthcare provider.

Cervical cell changes associated with HPV do recur in some cases, but by no means all. When they do recur, they show varying degrees of persistence. Some people may experience only one episode, while others may experience several. However, most people's immune systems, with time, seem to gain control over HPV, making recurrences less frequent and usually eliminating them eventually.

On some other discussion threads here we've talked about how partners who share the virus probably don't have to worry about reinfecting one another. Read more at http://www.ashastd.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=208.

Interferon is not commonly used with HPV related lesions, primarily due to cost, side effects, and the availability of other treatments that are effective. When interferon is used following HPV diagnosis, it's more often done with lesions (like external warts) than with cervical cell changes. Ask you healthcare provider if you have questions regarding treatment options.

When someone is first diagnosed with HPV, it can be very difficult on a person's self-image. These emotions of guilt and shame often stem from the fact that we grow up with a lot of misconceptions about STDs, such as who gets them and why. In reality, an HPV diagnosis does not reveal anything about a person's values, their personality, or choices, only that they like many others, have contracted a common virus. You are taking an important step by educating yourself about HPV.

Post again anytime!

Fredo

Post subject: CIN3 and HPV
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:32 pm 

Hi, unfortunately I dont have any answers but i can sympathise with what you are going through, I have spent hours and days on the internet trying to find answers and i cant! I am 25, I had a pap smear 2 years ago (just before my daughter was born), it was completely normal, then 2 years later i had another one and to my shock I have CIN3 and HPV, i had a colscopy and biopsy which revealed normal results, my gyno told me the next step was a cone biopsy to determine the discrepancy between a pap smear and the biopsy, she advised that a cone biopsy will limit my chances of ever having any more children so she suggested I wait 3months then do the tests again. Well i had another pap smear and still worst case CIN3 and HPV, but cant get in to see my gyno till the 28th May, this waiting game is killing me.
My question is how can i have 2 pap smears that show CIN3 and HPV, then have a biopsy which shows everyhting is normal?
I dont want to have the cone biopsy for diagnosis if it will limit my chances of having children, dont get me wrong i would do it in a flash if it was for treatment. I am really hoping someone can answer my question in relation to pap smear and biopsy discrepancies, i cant find it anywhere on the internet.

I really feel this is making me depressed.

Heres hoping someone can help :oops:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]