ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: immune system
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:11 pm 

I was just diagnosed with HPV the other day and I thought I was going t pass out when they told me--because I also have warts.

I noticed that I've been getting colds about every other week now and they are hard to get rid of. Could this be because my immune system is already down because of the HPV?

What else can I do to boost my immunse system, besides take Vitamin C?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:42 pm 

Hey gurlyhutch,

I know the feeling except I did pass out when I found out I had HPV (LOL).

Your immune system is fighting the virus and a weakend immune system will make you prone to colds.

Also many people's systems can fight the virus off and with warts that can take some time. Most websites say within 2 years.

The best immune boosters I have found were changing my diet, getting enough sleep, exercise and you won't believe this but intaking yogurt. Yeah I know it sound weird but it helped keep my immune system boosted. I also doa multivitamin daily. But have confidence in your immune system, it's in attack mode and that could be why you are feeling slightly ill.

Also reduce your stress about the warts. HPV is very common and there are many many treatment options. My boyfriend has used Aldara cream which is an immune booster to help your body rid the warts and he hasn't seen a wart in about a year. Aldara however didn't work that well for me but the TCA acid worked wonders. I guess is just how your body reacts.

You may want to contact your doctor about the colds because there could be something else going on like an allergy attack with this being spring and all and allergies can feel like a cold.

Hope this helps :D

Post subject: thanks isis
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:34 pm 

Hi Isis,

Thank you for your advice. I got a hot flash and felt like I was going to pass out. It was horrible.

My doctor did give me a 'script for the Aldara cream. I have used it only twice so far and it seems to be working well. Hopefully they will be gone within the next few applications.

I'm just scared that's all. I'm more worried about ending up with cervical cancer and decreasing my chances of having children in the future. I don't know if cervical cancer effects childbearing.

Thank you again. I eat yogurt for my IBS anyways and I do take a multivitamin. Hopefully with graduating from college soon, some stress will go away and my immune system will become stronger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:33 pm 

I was also worried about the same thing but my doctor led me to this website as well as:

www.thehpvtest.com

They answered a lot of questions and just for a booster, my best friend was diagnosed with HPV a year before me, had an abnormal pap, got treated and has two bouncing baby girls who wear her out daily.

My OB/GYN let me know that as long as you keep up with routine pap smears, they can help prevent cervical cancer from forming if anything is found . The pap smear of choice is thin prep or something in that category.

As long as you stay on top of it, you will be more than able to have children.

Good luck and don't forget to check out the websites.You may find some peace and comfort there as well as helpful info :D

Post subject: children
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:27 pm 

It's great to hear that your friend has children after everything.

All the women in my family have troubles having children, so I think this is just going to add to my troubles.

I have only used the Aldara three times and my warts are almost gone, whch makes me happy.

Thank you for replying.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]