ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:17 pm 

I keep reading that it's hard to pinpoint who you got HPV from but I was just diagnosed the HPV - I have been with the same partner for over 10 years. In 2007 he cheated on me and was with someone else. What are the chances that he got it from the other woman and passed it on to me? Could I have had it for over 10 years and not know it? All my paps have been normal until this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:47 pm 

I would say both scenarios are possible and it's really impossible to know for certain.

Has anything unusual been going on lately that could affect your immunity system (stress/nutrition deficiency/other health problems/continuous lack of sleep) ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:16 am 
Site Admin

I agree with pavemagd's assessment, there's really no way to figure this out with any precision. I know how frustrating that is, and wish we had a better answer for you!

Best,
Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:57 am 

Sorry for the delay in response. I have been stressed due to job change. I appreciate your feed back. I just didn't think that it would harbor in my body for over 10 years and then all of the sudden show up.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]