ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: confused wit my doctor
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:55 pm 

Ok recently I went to an std clinic to get checked, every 6 months I try to do this just because I feel its the responsible thing.

When getting my physical exam my doctor noticed 4 tiny bumps that she said were gential warts, now I've looked at my self plenty of times down there and never even seen this bumps they were so small im not even sure how she saw them. She then took what seemed to be wart remover drops and treated them. Currently she said give it a week and they should fall off. Now im kinda confused this all happened so quick.

I went online to look at pics of gential warts, I kno sometimes they display the worst case senerio ones but I looked for as many "normal' ones as possible. I couldn't really find anything that resembled what she said she saw. My "warts" were not calliflower and not clustered together. Just really confused with this whole visit. I wish I could of had her not put treatment on them and got a second opinion.

I guess some questions might be if she put the acid on somethin that isn't a wart could I tell by how it reacted with my skin?

And 2nd after all that I've read it seems like even if they were warts there really isn't much concern I should have? I mean I didn't have anything servere with these warts, no huge disgusting breakout like some of the pictures I've seen online.

So best advice would be? Give it 6 months see how my body looks and just move fowards?

Thank you for any help, this is a great site with good people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:22 pm 

Got another question as well, if I have warts on my penis area, should I check my anus with my doctor as well to make sure they don't spread?
Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]