ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: I"m so confuse
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:40 am 

Fist I would like to thank you for all the great advice this board provides .I had a atypical pap in Nov 08 at that time I tested positive for HPV I think high risk when I asked the doctor he said they only check for high risk so I'm assuming that it was high risk because I had to go in for a Colposcopy I had two spots that where byopis they came back ok to watch and wait I have to go back in 3 to 6 months .But in Jan. I notice a small cluster of warts on the out side and there spreading so my question is can I have high risk and low risk ? or did I only have low risk and it just showed up on my cervix ? Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:07 pm 

yo have low risk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:53 pm 

High risk HPV causes cervical cell changes (abnormal paps) and low risk causes warts. It sounds like you might have both strains, which is not all that unusual as there are somewhere around 100 different strains of HPV. You should call your doctor and ask directly what the results were of your HPV test.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:14 am 

Thank you , I talked to my friend that went with me when I had the Colposcopy and she said that the doctor said it was high risk .I took a friend because I was so nervous and she could take notes and ask question I would not think of asking . I'm calling to make a appt just to make sure .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:14 am 

Thank you , I talked to my friend that went with me when I had the Colposcopy and she said that the doctor said it was high risk .I took a friend because I was so nervous and she could take notes and ask question I would not think of asking . I'm calling to make a appt just to make sure .

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]