ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:03 pm 

I know I said I would be in more often but Grad School is driving me crazy along with Windows VISTA on my laptop and dating a new guy but we haven't got to the talk just yet. It's still in the new stages so I'm taking things slow.I'm a little nervous about rejection but if the time comes to discuss my issues of HPV and HSV-1 then I will be ready to accept the best and the worst. I have to be honest with people and refuse to lie to him or hide my status.Just because a jerk lied to me doesn't mean I should do the same. That would be wrong. I would rather be rejected and tell the truth than lie and fron like evrything is ok.I really like this guy so hope and pray things will work out.

At any rate just wanted to check in and gve everyone an update.I 'm still hanging in there trying to remain as positive as I possible can and as always wishing everyone many blessings in their ongoing fight with HPV and HSV. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:32 am 
Site Admin

Hi Isis!!!

Great to see you and I appreciate you for taking time to check in with us. Sounds like you're really busy! I've heard that Windows Vista can be a real drag; don't have it myself on my government surplus computer...

Glad you met the new guy and that things are moving along. He's lucky to have you, don't forget that!

Take care and please stop by when you can.

Best always,
Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:06 pm 

Hey Isis and Fredo,

It's been quite sometime since I've been on here. I hope things go well for you with the new guy. I need some advice tho.

When does this feeling subside? It's been 11mos since being dx. I'm ready to start dating and move on, but I don't even look at guys anymore. It's hard b/c they're always approaching, asking me out, (I'm not trying to be conceited). My family keeps asking me what's wrong and suggesting that I seek counseling for depression. On top of that, I feel guilt, b/c I feel like a gave it to me ex bf after a long on again, off again relationship. What do I do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

Hey W2BD!

Good to see you again!

I don't think you're unusual at all in the way you're feeling. Part of coming to grips with HPV is realizing how common it is, and understanding it's virtually impossible for sexually active people to avoid. Fortunately, it's seldom harmful, a fact especially true for male partners.

If you're ready to date and can't get past HPV, there's nothing wrong with seeking short-term counseling. Can you pinpoint, as specifically as possible, what causes you the most anxiety for you around having a new relationship?

Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]