ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Over a year Wart free
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:19 pm 

Hey Fredo,

Just wanted to check in and report that it's been over a year for myself and my girlfriend without any signs of warts after our initial treatment. I have to say that if that was all I'll ever see of HPV then it was truly nothing at all to worry about and I wasted way too much time freaking out about it. Good luck to everybody and please don't freak out too much about this common skin issue. Get treated and go on with your lives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:11 am 
Site Admin

Thanks, man, good to hear from you and I'm glad things are sailing along smoothly. I thought about you last week, as I had an hour-long conversation with an expert in genital warts. I didn't know if you'd be checking the boards or not, but I almost posted to see if you had any specific questions you might have wanted me to ask!

Keep in touch!
Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:29 pm 

Fredo,
I still check in every now and then to see if the Australians ever got that therapeutic vaccine data in out of curiosity more than anything else. Depending on the results of that trial one could almost imagine a future where we can treat or cure more types of viral STD's perhaps HSV. I get the feeling that if more awareness and research went into these things they would have them cured already. What do you think? Maybe we should start a twitter account for HPV and see if we can get more followers than CNN or something? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:52 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Maybe we should start a twitter account for HPV and see if we can get more followers than CNN or something? Wink

You know, this might be a good idea. I don't know anything about twitter other than it's very popular. I'll have to check it out!

Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:49 pm 

Well I don't think there is anything magical about twitter, it's basically just a mini blog that people can follow and you can update with comments or "What you're doing right now". What is good is that as you mentioned, it's popular and young people who would benefit most from Gardasil or just a higher awareness of HPV in general would be familiar with it. I still have the nagging suspicion that if people were aware of a viral STD that they can't test men for and that there is a vaccine out for you'd see ALOT more money come in to help treat and prevent it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]