ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:36 pm 

HI, I have just been diagnoses with warts, hpv... yuck. I am waiting for test on pap to come back. After reading some of these posts I am very confused. My doctor won't treat the warts. Said there is no reason to. I have read some posts that says this can clear out of my system. But the doctor said no.... even told me that I can't have sex any more. Period.

Please help me with this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:48 pm 

It's believed that warts may go away by themselves. It's believed that you can reduce the chances of spreading the virus to others by having them treated and becoming wart-free. It's believed that one can reduce the chances of transmitting them by using barriers like condoms and dental dams.

You can choose to have them treated. You can choose to wait. I chose treatment to decrease the chances of giving someone these things.

It is thought that the virus is cleared by most people within a year or two, but no one is really sure what happens to the virus.

I wouldn't say you can't have sex. It may be different. You may have to make some changes. You may want to have some treatment. Your relationship with any prospective partners may dictate how you have sex in the future.

Keep reading the forum and any information you can get. Good luck with whatever decisions you make. Let us know what you decide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:58 pm 

Ballo, thanks for the info. I have one other question, what about going into a hot tub? Is that a problem?

My doctor made me feel like was an awful person. (I am looking for a new one because of this

Debbie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I have one other question, what about going into a hot tub? Is that a problem?

No problems with hot tubs and HPV! Good question!

Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]