ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:41 pm 

So I just told my recent lady friend the news. So The quick story, I noticed these two flat pieces of skin after the trim job. Immediately freaked, went to a doctor, they told me it's either skin tags or hpv. Cried for a while, then had a long weekend by myself having the conversation in my head how i was gonna tell her. While telling her i think i cried more than ever. She was not happy but understanding. Tried to make her leave me before she could possibly get anything. She isn't having that!

I only got a visual inspection so I wanna get a biopsy? Who do i talk to; a dermatologist?

I believe she is getting tested asap, and if she is negative the shot?

We have just met, and i feel miserable about this. I am doing alright, but there are moments when I just wanna be on an island with my dog and no-one else. Trying to be "normal" mental but it is rough. Just trying to stay healthy, and not to forget about the silver lining! Anyways the funny thing about all this craziness is I had quit smoking two weeks prior to this little chain of events, and now my immune system fails!?? One day at a time I guess. I am so glad that there is a forum for this because I can't really talk to my friends or family about this because that would be reeeealy hard and weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:27 am 
Site Admin

It sounds like you're doing all you can! Keep visiting, and maybe hang out with us some in the Chill Lounge

As for biopsy, this is usually not necessary to confirm genital warts. When it is utilized, a dermatologist is a logical choice.

Quote:
Trying to be "normal" mental but it is rough.

You are very normal! In fact, NOT having HPV is abnormal (considering that as many as 80% of people do have the virus at some point).

Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]