ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:09 pm 

Dear Fredo,

My results came back. I do not know what to make of this. Everything came back negative, including the mouth and anal.

1. The last time I slept with my husband was in November in 2008. I got tested in December 2008. The first doctor that I went to the receptiontist told me that I was okay, but FEBUARY 19, 2009 a letter came in the mail telling me that I tested positive for HPV and negative for everything else.

2. Now notice this time frame. My husband came back to me in Janurary telling me he wants us to try again. I slept with him a few times in Januray and a few times in February. THE LAST TIME I SLEPT WITH HIM WAS FEB. 14, 2009. I started up again with not knowing about the HPV.

3. I got retested for HPV and all other stds on April 27, 2009. I got the tests results today on May 6, 2009.

What can you make of this. I will continue to get regular pap smears and check ups because the woman he slept with has HPV. The woman he had sex with was suprised that I tested positive because she has been testing negative for HPV. What are the chances that when I slept with him in Feb. 14, 2009 that I tested negative because it is too soon for the virus to show up in the test that they do.

My sexual relationship with my husband has ended for good. Please respond as soon as you can. What did come up positive was lups.

Thank you so much Fredo,

Shegi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:56 am 
Site Admin

Hi Shegi,

Thanks for the update. I've been out of the office and this is my first day back, so sorry for not responding sooner.

I recently asked one of the companies that makes HPV tests if there is a time frame of testing "too soon" after exposure, and they told me they aren't aware of any studies that have looked at that. So, I don't know how to answer your question about the encounter on February 14th and a negative test. I do know that most HPV infections clear naturally, and sometimes do so quickly.

Good to hear all your test results are negative, though, as I know you've been very worried. Hopefully you have a little bit of peace in all this! This has been difficult for you on so many levels.

So are there any follow-ups scheduled at your clinic, or are you done for awhile?

Fredo

Last edited by Fredo on Thu May 14, 2009 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:35 am 

Dear Fredo,

Thank you so much for responding to me. I really needed to hear that I was negative for HPV. The doctor had to give me a sedative before he read my results to me because I was loosing it in the examing room. I was not hysterical, but I was exhibting the behavior like I was going to have a nervous breakdown and past out.

The doctor and I are confused. He wants to know what doctor told me that I had HPV. My concern is that if there was a mistake in Dec. 2008, like the first doctor mailed me someone else test results, then I slept with my husband a couple of time in Jan, 2009 and a few times in Feb, 2009 with the last time being Feb 14 that I really did get the HPV. However, the April 28th tests were too soon to pick up any signs of HPV. I know that the woman that my husband slept with in 2008 said that she was testing negative on her pap smears. I will never know the real truth behind this. I am going to tell myself that I am okay, and I am going to take the test results as a blessing for me. I am a total health person. I have been for the last 2 months.

I go back in a few months because the doctor discovered that I have Lupus. I go back 6 months from now to get another pap smear, and I will request another HPV test. I decided that I will get those two tests for the rest of my life. I also I have made a decision that I will never have sex. This something I have told you before, and I know this is something that I will never let myself or my son down. I will never loose contact with you Fredo. You have become a friend to me. All I really had for the last two months is you, this site, and God to get me through. I will keep you updated on my heatlh. I hope all is well with you and the staff. God bless all of you. You guys are so important to all of us on this board. Your service gives us on this board a peace of mind.

Shegi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:34 am 
Site Admin

Thank you for the many kind words, shegi, I appreciate your comments greatly. You are a wonderful contributor to these forums and I do hope you'll continue to post. I think many new members would like to hear from you and have your thoughts and support as they post their own stories.

Keep in touch!

Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]