ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: so worried
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:56 pm 

I'm having a hard time as of late. I am dating and this is all I can think about. I was diagnosed with HPV in june 07. I've never had anything but abnormal paps. I did have one normal one about a year ago and had another abnormal after that. I have my 6 month pap coming up in july. I've never had warts, my ex-boyfriend did develop them after about a year. He had a very stressful event happen( he lost his job and that's when they came up). I do occasionally get blocked ducts down there. If I squeeze them they do get unblocked. I discovered a bump between my vagina and butt. It could possibly be a blocked duct or an ingrown hair. It really hurt when I found it which led me to believe that it was an ingrown hair. I tried to sqeeze it but can't. It's in such an odd place that I have a hard time really getting a good look and feel of it. Is it possible it is a wart? It feels just like a bump I get from shaving all the time but it is the wierd location that I am fixating on. I made a dr. appt but can't get in until 3 weeks. I'm devistated if this is a wart. I feel so horrible about myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

Hi ladybug,

Thanks for posting. There can be bumps that develop for all sorts of reasons, like you mentioned. Your doctor can probably tell what's going on just by looking.

If by some chance you are ever diagnosed with a wart, it's totally treatable and almost always harmless. I think the shame part of it is really common and, for many, is the hardest part of being diagnosed with HPV or warts. The thing is, virtually everyone has one or more HPV infections throughout their lifetimes (it's just that most never know it).

Most HPV infections clear naturally at some point, typically within 24 months. It doesn't always work this way, of course, but that's what is common.

Keep in touch!

Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]