ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: what a long strange trip
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:03 am 

Back in January of this year, underwent laser surgery to remove gw from penis and left groin, they came back same area same intensity, after about two weeks after surgery. Then again in May of this year doctor repeated the process, but with more intensity. The ones in the groin went away, believe it or not still not totally healed , had to go deep, the ones on the shaft of penis came back again, same place not as raised as before though. During these times g/f and I have been using condoms, when the presence of the warts were there.
On July 2nd, doctor removed skin from shaft that contained gw, with a scalpel, took six stitches. A week later some of the stitches had dissolved and with the help of a misplaced kitty paw and an unintentional bout of arousal, lost the last two stitches and everything opened up. Never saw that much blood in my life, after the panic session and clean up, just bandaged the open wound and waited until morning to call doctor. Basically I had waited too long to get restitched and am now after 5 days of Neosporin and bandages letting things heal naturally. I can see by the wound that to be totally healed will be quite awhile. Have regular followup in August, plus doctor has not charged me for the past two routines, said he had never had a case where laser didn't take care of it the first time.
Prior to these measures had tried Aldara, no luck there, and even Apple Cider Vinegar, seemed to work but they came back, taking all the supplements to boost my immune system that I can handle.
Just thought i would share, extreme measures for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

Dude!

I am so sorry you've gone through all that. What a miserable experience! So, if I understand, the warts are gone now and you go back for a follow-up exam in about two months. Sounds like you're doing the get healthy stuff...eating right, enough sleep, and so on.

Keep us posted, if you don't mind.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]