ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:51 pm 

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:37 pm
Posts: 9
I have been here before but i have yet to go to a doctor. I slept with a girl that had hpv when a condom broke 3 yrs ago. I wasnt aware that she had hpv till that day. After that day i was always worried of having it myself. 3 months after i notice two pimplelike object at the bottom of my penis head so i decided to go to the doctor. I went to my own doctor and a free std clinic to see what they had to say. they both claimed i was paranoid. I have now notice a group of small lumps (nothing like the hpv images on the net) and i am worried again. But the docs seem to ignore it at best when it comes down to males. I am a unCIRCUMCISED male and i keep reading how circumsised males clear it up faster. Should i circumsise myself? Right now i am taking Apple cider vinegar tablets and multi vitamins as well as weight lifting. I do not get enough sleep (unable to work 3am-12pm shift hard to sleep in the day) I am married ( i did not cheat i was unmarried and single at the time i did tell my spouse about the incident she still wanted to marry me ) i am always telling wife to see her gyno (if it comes out she is positive i know i have it as well) but she actually received 2 of 3 gardisil shots which makes things complicated at best. I dont go to the doc because it seems useless when all they will say is wait it will clear on its own. what can i do to speed this up. Or actually know if i have hpv or not (no male test). The original stuff i showed them they claimed it was clogged pores.

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:46 am 
Site Admin

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:08 pm
Posts: 2122
Location: North Carolina
Hey there,

Hello again. If you can get in to see a dermatologist, they can probably give you a very accurate opinion with nothing more than a visual inspection. Biopsy is usually reserved for cases where the diagnosis is unclear and isn't commonly done with warts. If there's any real doubt, though, it can be quite helpful. Beyond that you're right, there is no test for HPV that's approved for use with men.

It sounds like you've done everything by the book in terms of getting educated, having your wife do her thing with the ob/gyn, and so on. Keep in mind that even if the former partner had HPV at the time you were with her, it doesn't mean the virus was necessarily transmittable or, even if it was, that you indeed contracted it!

Take care and keep in touch if you don't mind.


ASHA Moderator

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group