ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:33 pm 

Dear Fredo,

I just want to check in and say hi to you and everyone else. I am just trying to take it easy. My son starts camp this Monday. He has never been to camp. I am happy and excited for him. I hope he likes it. I was searching for the lounge, but I could not find it. Eventhough I tested negative by in May 2009, Still in the back of my mind I worry.

If you remember, my first doctor who tested me in Dec., 2008 said that I was okay. All my STDs tests results were negative. However, in Feb. 2009 I received a letter in the mail stating that I have HPV. It never said what strain I had on the letter. It took me until April 2009 to get retested and to see what strain I had because I had BV, and the new doctor(s) said that they wanted the BV to clear first.

All my STDs tests came back negative including the HPV. He did the DNA type, so I go back in October to get anothe pap smear. I do worry that I will be like everybody else and test positive again. The biggest worry though is that if I do have it by the time I had tested for it again in April, it came back negative, but I do not know what strain I have/had.

I check myself every week to see if I have warts, and I do not. I go back to the doctor in July because what I did test positive for was LUPUS.

I wonder did the Lupus wipe out the HPV since it is a immune disease that attacks the cells in my body. Oh well Fredo I pray and read my bible. I thank God for my blessings. I DO NOT HAVE SEX ANYMORE! I am just trying to gain some stability and focus on raising my son. I love you guys. I will write again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:04 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.ashastd.org/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=13

Hi Sheqi!

Gosh it's good to see you again. Thanks for posting and keeping us updated. By the way, try the link above to get into the ASHA Chill Lounge. We'd love to have you hang out with us there!

Time for summer camp, huh. I remember those days. I hope your son has a good time and finds it rewarding. I'm sure he will; I used to love my summer camps.

Take care and please check in with us again. It's always good to hear from you.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]