ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:50 pm 

So, I'm still recovering from my surgery and am officially cancer free. That's the good news. Right before I had my surgery (LEEP and CO2 Vaporization) I noticed a few genital warts pop-up. My dr. advised me to start using Aldara the Monday after my surgery. Well, just a few concerns that I'd love some feedback on:

1. I look like a poster child for STDs now. I thought I had two warts, but apparently I have like 6+. Does Aldara 'draw' them out???

2. The itching is the worst freaking part. Is there anything I can do to relieve that side effect? I know that means it's working, but it's SO bad. I put it on at night, sleep fine ... wash it off. And then, the itching begins around late afternoon.

3. Any other ladies out there experience an odor with this? I ended up buying some Vagisil Odor Powder and that is helping. I guess I have an overly sensitive nose and a bad case of hot-crotch.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I am grateful for this outlet. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:23 am 

Congrats on being cancer free!! that's definitely good news!!

As for your odor - I'd get that checked out by your gyn. A slight change in odor would be one thing but if it's that much of a change it's a good idea to get checked for vaginitis type infections. that annoying itch might not be from the aldara - it might be bv which needs treatment.

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:32 am 
Site Admin

Aldara doesn't make more warts develop; it's actually thought to work by provoking a response from your immune system in the skin cells around where the cream is applied. I don't think it's too uncommon for more warts to develop over the short term, just let your healthcare provider know if any have developed since he or she last saw you.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are!

All the best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]