ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: I need some help
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:29 am 

Hey everyone,
I've been dealing with HPV for a little over a year now, I'm 21 years old and I'm just so depressed about this. I was told back in January that there was a small sighting of GW but only under a microscope sicne then my Dr. thinks it has gotten worse, but I'm on the "we'll watch it" system. I'm bouncing between 2 different doctors. I'm afraid of so many different things, I'm afraid for my health, but more importantly my bf's i'm afraid for his health and our relationship. :( We were careful for a while and then I don't know if it was lazyness or denial- I'm gunna go with denial, but we weren't always safe and were still have M-F oral and F-M oral, this was after the microscopic W sighting. I just need some advice and tips, I don't feel attractive anymore and will just randomly cry. I read on here someone saying they hate the gardasil comercials and i completely agree I turn it off when I see them because I feel like there developing ways to prevent getting HPV, but it's like if you already have it you're doomed. I could really use some encouragment right now, I'm waiting to hear back from my DR. about my PAP, I'd really appreciate some words of wisdom, comfort or advice from people who are in the same boat as I am and even those who aren't. Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:49 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I read on here someone saying they hate the gardasil comercials and i completely agree I turn it off when I see them because I feel like they're developing ways to prevent getting HPV, but it's like if you already have it you're doomed.

Not doomed by a longshot, kiddo. Having HPV is a normal part of being human. Virtually all sexually active people have one or more HPV infections over their lives, it's just that most of them never know it. Most HPV clears on its own in 6-24 months, and sometimes a boost from treatment is needed to clear the warts. Other times the warts also clear on their own, too.

Quote:
I don't feel attractive anymore...

I'll bet your boyfriend doesn't feel that way about you! Keep in mind how very normal you are, and I can't stress that enough.

Keep in touch. Post as often as you like.

Best,
Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:48 pm 

Sendaprayer,

Hello. My name is Taylor. I'm pretty sure I might have been the one that said that I hated to watch the commercials. We're the same age and I think that with different ages we all feel things differently. And I can relate with you on some of the things that you've shared. Like the feeling unattractive, I get it. When I first found out about everything I felt just dirty and like I'd done something really bad. But I wasn't dirty and I didn't do anything bad. This is a good board to discuss and ask questions and not have to feel embarrassed or uncomfortable.

I hope everything turns out well for you.i'm also waiting on results from the most recent pap (my appt was May 20th my dr is on vacation...crazy right?). All I can say is to just distract yourself. It works wonders. And I also bet that your boyfriend still finds you attractive :)

If you need anything feel free to ask. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:20 pm 

Thank you for your support.. I have been getting a lot of suppor from my best friend and my boyfriend .. I haven't told my mom and am worried because I plan on having the surgery done and I don't know how to tell her ... she has been through a lot, well we all have in the past years and I don't want to be another burden.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:59 pm 

sendaprayer wrote:
Thank you for your support.. I have been getting a lot of suppor from my best friend and my boyfriend .. I haven't told my mom and am worried because I plan on having the surgery done and I don't know how to tell her ... she has been through a lot, well we all have in the past years and I don't want to be another burden.

You should talk with her about it. What else are moms for? She'll want to make sure you're okay and help you in anyway that she can. Clue her in. She could be you biggest form of support.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]