ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Quistion
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:31 pm 

Hello all
Ok some 15 years ago i was told i had Hpv gential wart. Just 3 years ago was told i had Gential Herps can having the Hpv cause a herps test come up possitve.
I have never had an out break that i know of but the doc says the test says i have it wow. I was sick 2 years ago with a lot of stress shouldnt it have come out then if i had it i dont get this. Has anyone been told they are possite only to find out latter they really were neg for it and the doc is sorry. Please just trying to figger out were i stand been indenial for the past 3 years and just had to tell the guy i was seeing i had it and you got it he ran dont know if i can handle all this dont know if i will ever tell another man, I feal so dearty and been safe almost all my life.

thank you
sweatpee33

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:33 pm 

Hi sweatpea.

As far as I know, HPV doesnt make a false positive on a herpes test. Also, some people never see any symtoms and thats why its so common. I know its a tough set of facts to deal with. Even if you've been almost safe all your life, it can happen to anyone, not just the promiscous. You gotta try and understand that your not 'dirty' or anything like that. These things happen to regular people and your no different to anyone else. Dont let some bug control your emotions, your life, and your future.

The prospect of living with a STD is extremely daunting, especially when telling a loved one. You mentioned your guy just ran, thats a normal human reaction to something they dont understand. The more you learn about it, and realise its not you but only a part of you, then you can go on to explaining that to others. And if they still run after a proper understanding, then they were never worth it.

These are just my opinions, but I hope I helped you in some way.

Post subject: hello
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:44 pm 

Thank you
He did walk away but still talks to me i dont get it.He told me his consious would bother him. ya ok

If i have never had an oout break doese that mean i have lease of a chance to spread it???
I also had my x get tested after i found out 3 years ago he was negative i was with him for for four years i thought for sure the test i had was wrong so i went to my reg doc told him he sent out for another test positve again. I found out my test read 235 positve is that number hi or low i dont know and i am going back to my doc next week i really dont know what kind of quistions to ask him about this its like oh ya you have it see ya this sucks. I wish sex had nothing to do with a relation ship it would be much easer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:19 am 

I've answered this on the webmd board where you also posted this. be sure to check out the reply.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]