Great forum...lots of good info...
I am a male in my 20's who had an unprotected sexual experience (oral/anal) with a girl that has had a couple instances of cervical cancer. We were only close once and I did not know her cervical cancer history prior to the experience.
Couple related questions:
1. What are the chances that I have HPV? I know there is not a definitive answer on how likely transmission is, but would the experts put this at a 20% chance, 50% chance, or more like 95% chance? (I have no symptoms and am clear of any testable STDs)
2. Am friends with this girl and got some info on her cervical cancer history... She asserts that her cancer was not triggered by any STD, but was genetic-only, that her granfather died of cancer, she was found to have the same blood/tissue type, and that she had gotten sick in the past and something was found related to the Rh factor in her blood that matched her grandfather, etc, etc.
I'm not a doctor so I'm unsure what this means, but I did read somewhere that "HPV causes 93% of all cervical cancers". Does this suggest that her assertion could be true and that I was not exposed to a high-risk HPV? (what is the other 7% cause of the cancer?) I can't really find definitive info on whether HPV is a REQUIREMENT for cervical cancer to develop, or whether someone plagued with health problems/bad-genes could develop the cancer without having high-risk HPV? (no doubt she has a host of health problems)
Thoughts? Thanks in advance for the reply...