ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Skin tags or GW?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:48 am 

Second post on here in a few days.
How do you know the diff. between skin tags and warts? I noticed several very small light brown places on my groin area right where my underwear touches my skin. They are single and spread apart-3 on one side- 2 on the other. I know I shouldn't have but I messed w/one and it bled a lot. They look like really tiny skin tags. I was recently told I have (LSIL) HPV b/c of a vulvar colposcopy/biopsy, but don't know what type. I know only the Dr. can tell me for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:19 am 
Site Admin

Hi there,

I just left a response to your other post, too. Warts can take a variety of appearances - large or small, rough or smooth, skin colored or sometimes reddish or dark, and so on. Warts can have a look that's similar to other skin conditions, including skin tags, but most health care providers feel pretty confident they can tell the difference with a visual exam.

Let us know what you find out, if you don't mind.

Best,
Fredo

Post subject: thank you
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:03 pm 

Fredo-
Thank you for responding to both of my posts. I have been so worried about all of this. I am lucky enough to never have had to deal with a STI so I dont really know how to handle it. I will be back in the Dr.s office in exactly 10 days and will definitly post what she tells me. Thank you again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]