ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:59 pm 

Just a quick post-
Went to the Gyno. today. They did a reg. pap and a vulvar pap. and are testing each area for high and low risk HPV. Which I know will not tell really tell me anything specific. I will have to wait for results of course but she told me that she could see thickening of my vulvar skin. I asked if that meant GW's and she said she didn't know. What does "thickening of the skin" mean?? Tried to do an internet search and couldn't really find anything. Also from last post-she said that the area I was concerned with was just a skin tag on my groin area.
Q: How long do people typically go before showing signs of GW's?
I know if varies-but for me it's been 5 months since hpv exposure.
Q: concern really-I have just started seeing someone within the last month and I am so tempted to just lay it all out on the line once I get my results back. I feel like I'm already being dishonest even though I don't even know 100% what's going on. Want to tell him to just run for the hills.
Ugh...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

Hi rustedwings,

The vulvar skin can thicken for a long list of reasons, and I don't think it's terribly uncommon for this to happen. Genital warts most often don't present that way, but some other types of HPV might. Again, though, no telling what could be the cause. Lots of non-HPV possibilities. Warts can show up weeks, or months, or years after someone contracts HPV, but most often within 7-8 months.

You know, it's hard to offer much guidance with your partner. You haven't been officially diagnosed with much of anything at this point, right? It's so frustrating when the diagnosis is this unclear.

Keep us posted if you don't mind, and let us know what you find out.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]