ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Followup of test results
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:38 pm 

I got faxes from my ob/gyn with my test results. They aren't very legible but here they are:

3/22/07 Vaginal biopsy: Benign squamous mucosa, negative for dysplasia, viral effect, and malignacy.

3/23/07 Vulvar biopsy: Intradermal nevus, molluscum contagiosum-No evidence of dysplasia or malignacy

Adrochordon (benign skin tag)-there is no evidence of malignacy.

Molluscum contagiosum-There is no evidence of displasia or malignacy

Pap smears:

11/3/2006: Atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance. HPV DNA test not performed. The quantity of speciman remaining in the vial after pap slide preparation was less than minimum of cell suspension. Low sample cellularity may be the cause. Test: 5075303 HPV, high risk Panel: 19928

2/19/2007: Epithelial cell abnormality. Atypical cells of undetermined significance.

HPV , high risk: positive
This high risk test detects thirteen high-risk types (16/18/31/33/35/39/45/51/52/56/58/59/68) without differentiation.

Thoughts/comments welcomed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:55 pm 

Hmm...wish I had some advice, but really not too sure. Have you thought of taking it to your Dr, and asking for some time to sit down and expalin each line to you? I've seen Molluscum contagiosum mentioned before as sometimes people can be mistaken for warts...but not sure if they're trying to say there that you have them, or you don't have them. Not trying to alarm you as I'm not really sure. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:31 am 

i might be able to help a little bit...before i even knew i had HPV, i had molluscum...which isn't necessarily an STI, although that's the most common way to spread it, i actually was still going to "planned parenthood" (a local clinic) when i got diagnosed with it, i just had the "bumps" on the outside and i thought it was just razor burn bc my skin is soo sensitive....the gyno at the clinic gave me some acidic gel (sorry i dont remember what it's called) that i had to put on twice a day with a q-tip and let dry, the bumps finally just scabbed and went away...molluscum is NOT HPV, they are NOT GW, and from my experience, they are pretty easy to get rid off, they are just very contagious because they can spread very easlily to your partner or to other spots of your body

as far as having high risk HPV, definite answers are slim and hard to come by, which is frustrating because it is so vague, the ONE thing that i've read at every website i've been to is the high risk HPV can go away, your body WANTS to fight it off, so with treatment and if you catch it early, things should be just fine, this is one condition where ignorance is NOT bliss, keep your head up

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]