ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:35 pm 

Hi Fredo,

Happy Thanksgiving! I want to share with you the test results. I took the HPV test Nov. 5th. It came back negative, so my test results came negative April and in Nov. of this year 2009.

I feel blessed and some sense of relief. I will do another pap smear next year. If you think it should be sooner, tell me. I do not think the doctor wants to do another pap smear until next year.

As I told you, I have not had sex with my husband or anybody else since this started for me in February of 2009. I will have everyone in my thoughts and prayers who are going through this because it is very scary. I am so attached you guys. Again, Happy turkey day. I do feel grateful to sit at the dinner table and feel this relief of being free for the moment of that dreadful scared of having HPV.

All this stress from this has not been good for my LUPUS. The doctor told me that I am not to be under stress. People have died from LUPUS, so if I do not have HPV, I am just thankful because it has caused me so much stress. God bless you, and I will talk to you later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:47 am 
Site Admin

Hi shegi,

Thanks so much for checking in with us and giving the update. I'm glad things are getting better and you are testing negative. I know this has been a real issue for you throughout this year, and let's hope as we head into 2010 you can rest and relax a bit!

How are things going between you and your husband now?

Fredo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:34 pm 

Hey Fredo,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. How were the holidays for you? Did you do anything special? I did not do anything, but I tried really hard to make my son's Christmas special. You asked me how are things between my husband and me. Well, really I do not think my husband and I will ever be good. Our marriage has been an unusual one from the start. There has been a lot of odds against us that we created. I think we have played a lot of games with each other because we are afraid of the outcome. We have this child together. I have issues with him being a lone with our son because to me he has done some pretty reckless things in regard to our son. I think he has issues with providing for our son. He does not financially take care of him, so to go to court the both of us would have to face a battle -- me trying to get supervise visitation and him trying to get unsupervised visitation plus not wanting to be under court order to pay for child support.

As a result, I have fooled myself since our son has been in the world that my husband would not us at risk like this, but the fact is that he has continuously been with other women since our son has been born. I have definite proof that he has tried to get with other women in the last three months, and he is currently seeking out women now. He is not happy with me or this marriage. I just do not measure up in his eyes, so the answer to your question no we are not good.

The scary thing about this Fredo is that he is being so underhanded about his cheating. He tries to have sex with me and tells me that he loves me. I have not slept with him since Feb. 2009 because I do not want to catch anything. Thank you asking about this. I hope that I was not too long winded. What is important that I remain healthy because I need to be here for my special needs child. I must also take care of myself because of my Lupus. I will talk to you later.

Take Care,
Fredo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Shegi,

So sorry to hear things aren't great in your marriage, I know that just adds stress to things. It sounds like you're very grounded and you know what's what, and that's good to hear. Your little boy is lucky to have you! I'll bet his holidays were special, and that's what's really important.

Keep in touch, it's always good to see you on the boards!

Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]