ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:00 pm 

I've read some posts about this on another HPV support site, discussing the use of antigens (used to test immune system response), into a wart which subsequently clears the entire body of all warts (may take some months).

I've not read about this in relation to genital warts, but logically it would work the same way.

A question raised in the posts I read, also is raised in my mind, being why isn't this available and in use if it works - and if it does work and isn't available when can we start!

Anyone got any input?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:50 am 

I don't believe I am allowed to post commercial links or information here, so I will avoid mention of this product (unless someone can tell me its ok to do so).

It is approved in the US, although I am in Australia and it would appear I cannot get it here.

If this works though I can see an overseas trip on the horizon....

Is it difficult for a foreigner to access medical services in the US out of curiousity?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:23 am 
Site Admin

Hi again Andy,

Nothing like this is available for genital warts, but funny you mention being from Oz, as researchers there are working on a vaccine for genital warts that's designed to treat and remove them. Still experimental but Australia is at the forefront of this initiative.

Feel free to post the name if you like, but just a caveat for everyone that nothing like this has been deemed safe and effective for genital warts at this point.

Best,
Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:56 pm 

Yeah the creator of Gardasil is working on that research, trial is being written up now soon to be published - anything commercially available would still be years away though unfortunately..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:45 pm 

Is there any updated news in regards to this Vaccine you speak of?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:41 am 
Site Admin

Nothing I've heard, if anyone sees a story link please feel free to post it here.

Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]