ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:08 am 

im like kind of freaking out right now.i was never told i would have symptoms at all or that there is treatment for hpv.ive had 1 biopsy done and never got any info on that either.what should i do?should i see another doctor?should i not have any sex?my partner says he got tested and has it but i dont know about that.i need someone to talk to.this isnt easy for me to deal with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:35 am 

Whitney, if you've had a biopsy, your doctor is required to share the results with you! Call or go to his/her office and demand to see thosee results. You need to know how to proceed.

No one on this board can give you anything but guidance and reassurance; HPV isn't a death sentence. There are treatments available and there is much you can, and should, do to improve your ability to fight outbreaks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:26 am 
Site Admin

Hi Whitney,

It's isn't clear from your posts just what diagnosis you and your partner received. Maybe you had an abnormal Pap test that was followed up by a colposcopy/biopsy As for your partner's diagnosis, there is no HPV test commonly used for men in clinics, but visual exams can sometimes detect skin lesions (like warts) related to HPV.

One thing to find out from your healthcare provider is the results of your biopsy, of course, but also what the next step is in terms of when you go back for a follow up exam. Sometimes treatment is indicated, but in other cases a "watch and wait" approach is taken, as the immune system might clear things up naturally.

Keep in touch, let us know how you are, and post again sometime.

Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]