ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Male Over 2 years clear
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:43 pm 

Hello,
I just felt I should check in to report that it's been over 2 years for both me and my girlfriend after receiving treatment for HPV and we're still clear without a recurrence past the first episode (and still happily together and healthy). Honestly I hardly even think about it anymore and regret letting it consume so much of my time and energy only because I know that I could have been doing something more constructive with all of that energy. For any of you who are frantically searching the internet trying to cope with a new diagnosis just know that you are not alone and I know it's scary, but it is indeed possible to move past this and live your life. I also want to thank Fredo and ASHA for providing this resource because it was the best source of information I could find after scouring the internet. Hang in there and good luck.
-Greatful

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:42 am 
Site Admin

Hi Greatful!

Man, it's good to hear from you. Your post offers some very wise perspective and I think it's a "must read" for all newbies here. Glad to hear things are going well with you and your girlfriend, too.

I really appreciate that you stopped by, and I hope you'll pop in from time to time.

Best always! :D
Fredo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:11 am 

Thank you for that post, you have renewed my hope !!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:48 pm 

Well lucky you for only having 1 episode. I'm have been dealing with this crap for 2 years. Kill me. I excerise, eat right, take supplements, and try to control my stress but nothing works. It's not fair. It's all BS!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]