ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:56 pm 

Hello there ..
Obviously and from the title you can predict that I was recently diagnosed HPV .. The Low-Risk HPV GW. By recently I mean less than three weeks ago. And just like everyone else, it angers me that I cough this since I haven't had many partners and have used protection all the time .. what the heck are condoms good for then .. well I know they were no good for me :( I guess I fell in the 30% category where condom do not protect you 100%.

I noticed I had many (10-15) tiny and medium ones were like little bumps .. went to my gyno the same day and she broke the news to me .. she said it was early signs of GW ..she kept talking and I wasn't hearing 1/2 of what she was saying "huge shock"
The same day she surgically removed one part around the vagina opening .. let's just say it was not fun at all .. then she used what I believe was acid treatment on 3 other spots .. again not fun .. told me to come back in couple weeks to treat the rest of warts .. prescribed Aldara .. gave me a booklet about HPV and sent me home.

I was devastated and in shock .. like crazy started to research the virus online since I had never heard about it before. Too much info out there ... don't know what to believe and what not ..
1st site I checked was the CDC .. they don't make it sound horrible actually which was surprising to me .. sometimes I feel the medical industry is out there to make everyone feel so horrible so they can sell their drugs and open more hospitals ..

Anyhow .. I know this is not the smartest thing to do .. but I thought I should give it a try anyway so I wont regret this in the future ..
I ordered Beta-Mannan the Aloe vera supplement .. And I went out and bought these vitamins
Daily women's vitamins
Vit C
Garlic pills
Folic Acid
I also purchased
Tea Tree Oil
Vit E oil
Castor oil
and no other than ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)

I am generally an active person (exercise 4-6 times a week) .. eat fairly well .. never smoke .. drink occasionally .. but didn't take any vitamins .. I doubled up on my vegetables and fruit intake .. and start drinking even more water .. and start taking my vits and the beta mannan ..

I held off on the Aldara .. and started using ACV .. it burned like hell but the warts were gone in 2 days .. I made the mistake of shaving the area to have a better look .. the next day 1/2 of them were back .. so I used even more ACV and now they've been gone for a week .. I also kept using Tea Tree oil and castor oil between the ACV treatments just incase.
I went to the Gyno last week .. she said the surgery healed well .. and she didn't see any sings of warts ... however she said the test result from the piece she removed said it was high risk changes (which I don't understand) I thought warts were low risk .. so she once again removed even deeper tissue just in case ..

So the warts have been gone for about a week now .. the area is now still peeling but not painful kind of like after a sunburn ..
1 - Do you think the warts were gone cause I started taking the vits to strength my immune system or was it the ACV ?
2 - They healed pretty quickly (fingers crossed they wont come back) do you think that's a sign that they might not come back since my system fought the infection fast ?
3 - How long do I have to wait after warts are gone before I can have sex again (with condoms) to lower the chances of effecting someone?
4 - Has anyone used this product before "Biogetica HPV Warts Optimal-Kit Natural HPV Cure" it sound too good to be true!
http://www.biogetica.com/cure-hpv.php

A very long story I know .. sorry about that .. just wanted to give you a background ..
Thanks in advance ..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:43 am 
Site Admin

I was devastated and in shock .. like crazy started to research the virus online since I had never heard about it before. Too much info out there ... don't know what to believe and what not ..

1st site I checked was the CDC .. they don't make it sound horrible actually which was surprising to me .. sometimes I feel the medical industry is out there to make everyone feel so horrible so they can sell their drugs and open more hospitals ..

Anyhow .. I know this is not the smartest thing to do .. but I thought I should give it a try anyway so I wont regret this in the future ..
I ordered Beta-Mannan the Aloe vera supplement .. And I went out and bought these vitamins
Daily women's vitamins
Vit C
Garlic pills
Folic Acid
I also purchased
Tea Tree Oil
Vit E oil
Castor oil
and no other than ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)

Things often mentioned after HPV diagnosis include taking a multivitamin, making sure you get enough beta-carotene and folic acid (B vitamins, essentially), not smoking, getting enough rest, managing stress. A common sense approach to good heath, really. I haven't read anything about the value of Tea Tree oil, vitamin E, Castor oil, or vinegar with either HPV or warts/cell changes it might cause. As for Beta-Mannan, we can only say that as far as we know, no standard or widely accepted treatment guidelines (CDC, for example) for warts recommend it, and it is not FDA approved or evaluated in this regard. Keep in mind the body is amazingly effective at clearing HPV naturally. I urge you in the strongest terms possible not to purchase any over-the-counter remedy for HPV/warts unless your health care provider specifically urges you to do so. Read that sentence again. Now read it one more time.

I am generally an active person (exercise 4-6 times a week) .. eat fairly well .. never smoke .. drink occasionally .. but didn't take any vitamins .. I doubled up on my vegetables and fruit intake .. and start drinking even more water .. and start taking my vits and the beta mannan ..

You know that sentence above I asked you to read "one more time"? Read it again right now.

I held off on the Aldara .. and started using ACV .. it burned like hell but the warts were gone in 2 days .. I made the mistake of shaving the area to have a better look .. the next day 1/2 of them were back .. so I used even more ACV and now they've been gone for a week .. I also kept using Tea Tree oil and castor oil between the ACV treatments just incase.
I went to the Gyno last week .. she said the surgery healed well .. and she didn't see any sings of warts ... however she said the test result from the piece she removed said it was high risk changes (which I don't understand) I thought warts were low risk .. so she once again removed even deeper tissue just in case ..

Ask her to clarify things for you. "High risk" changes are not the same as warts from "low risk" types, it's true, but don't be overly alarmed, as the term "high risk" is needlessly scary. It is rare for a "high risk" HPV infection to actually be dangerous, and the body usually clears them naturally. Of course, going for follow-up and treatment as recommended is important.

So the warts have been gone for about a week now .. the area is now still peeling but not painful kind of like after a sunburn ..
1 - Do you think the warts were gone cause I started taking the vits to strength my immune system or was it the ACV ? Hard to see how the vinegar did anything.
2 - They healed pretty quickly (fingers crossed they wont come back) do you think that's a sign that they might not come back since my system fought the infection fast? Hard to predict, but recurrences will most often occur within the first three months after warts were removed or cleared.
3 - How long do I have to wait after warts are gone before I can have sex again (with condoms) to lower the chances of effecting someone?

No one can answer that. Most HPV infections clear naturally within 6-24 months, but there's no means of measuring if one is able to transmit the virus at a given point. Still, long-term persistence of HPV is not normal.

4 - Has anyone used this product before "Biogetica HPV Warts Optimal-Kit Natural HPV Cure" it sound too good to be true!
http://www.biogetica.com/cure-hpv.php

Ah, recall that sentence above you were reading, then reading again? This is an excellent time to read it again!!

A very long story I know .. sorry about that .. just wanted to give you a background ..
Thanks in advance ..

No problem. Post again anytime.

Best,
Fredo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:29 pm 

Hi Fredo ..

Thank you so much for your response ..
What really bugs me about this disease is .. no one can ever give you a defiant answer on anything .. Dr's only know the answer to one thing which is .. yes you have it .. I mean this virus has been around for a very long time .. can't believe no one has found a treatment/cure yet! is it not important enough for scientists to worry about ?
My Dr. actually called me today to let me know the results of the final biopsy from last week ... she had removed even more tissue around the opening of the vagina just to check that she had removed everything out .. she said the that the margin around where she took off was negative .. no high risk dysplasia .. and asked to check with her in 4 months ..

She was excited about that .. but frankly I don't really care if it's high or low .. I have it that's all it matters .. I know it sounds bad but I'd rather be dealing with the High risk since there are no warts to deal with .. but that's just me ..

I asked her about the HPV DNA blood test .. she said it wasn't necessary since we already know it's there ... I told her that I"ve read even on the CDC site that it is possible to clear within 6-24 months .. she said it will never clear .. it will only be dormant .. and the Antibodies will always be there .. I don't really know what that means ????

So is it possible that the immune system will clear/leave the virus out of your system after 6-24 months or not??
Does dormant mean clear/off your system?

Sometimes I feel that Dr are just programmed to treat the symptoms and not really worry about the cause or how can you heal the problem from the root!

Sorry this is very frustrating .... Although .. I don't really blame anyone but me

Thanks Again

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]