ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: symptoms ::HELP::
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:14 pm 

my little sister has pimple-like bumps or warts around her vagina (where her public hair qrows). they are very painful at times and may pop or bust & are filled with puse. some can be close to the size of a dime. when they occur, mostly the hair that was there falls off. so it`s like a bald bump. could that be a HPV?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:28 pm 

While I don't have firsthand experience with genital warts, it doesn't sound like that's what your sister has. Warts are not puss filled. They don't burst in the sense that stuff oozes out of them. From what I've heard, you can't "pop" a wart like a zit. As for what it could possibly be, I don't know. Not sure how old your sister is, but she really sounds like she needs to get to a Dr. She needs them checked out. If you can't afford a Dr, and have no insurance, then maybe take her to like Planned Parenthood. See if they can't help.

Goodluck to you both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:18 pm 

I've dealt with warts before and like rogue said, they are definitely not filled with pus. Warts are flesh colored and solid like a mold or wart on your hand. There is definitely something else going on and it sounds like a possible herpes outbreak but still she needs to see a doctor. Also it could be an allergic reaction to a soap or detergent or something of that nature. Don't mean to scare you but still she needs to get to a doctor soon. The sooner the better so she can receive treatment.

Hang in there and good looking out for your lil sister. We need more big sisters like you :D

They also could be ingrown hairs .So keep that in mind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:01 am 

im sorry to hear that i wish your sister well and hope its nothing to serious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

Hi pretii4eva,

I can echo much of what's been said in that there is no way to determine what is causing your sister's symptoms based on a description, and such bumps could really come from a number of things (including those not related to HPV or other STI's). No point in guessing, though, so she should see her healthcare provider to have them sort it out for her.

Family practice doctor/nurse/physician's assistant should be fine, and sometimes city/county health departments sponsor STI clinics. Planned Parenthood, as suggested, is another choice (http://www.ppfa.org).

Good luck and post again sometime if you like,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]