ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:39 pm 

I'm a 20 year old female and have genital warts.
I found out a few days ago. I'm still in shock, crying all day.
The most frustrating part was that I was a virgin and the first guy I have ever slept with gave me HPV. We love each other so much and I'm ashamed to say I haven't exactly been easy on him. He couldn't have known, but it still angers me because I've never done anything bad enough in my life for this to happen :(
It's so sad, I don't know if we can ever have a healthy sex life again, whether I'd still be fertile either...whenever I think about it I just cry my eyes out.

The doctor prescribed Aldara for the warts and referred me to this clinic.
I just don't know what to expect. Will I need to have warts surgically or physically removed even if I am on aldara?
Also, with a pap test..will you get results on the same day? I really just want to know if I'm cancer prone or not. It terrifies me
And what's worse, I don't even know if I have oral HPV, I don't see warts in my mouth (I hope to God they don't come) but since I had oral sex way before I had actual intercourse..wouldn't the warts in my mouth already be visible by now? (It's been like 3 to 4 months)

Sorry for rambling :( i just don't feel comfortable talking to anyone else

thank you for your advice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:25 am 
Site Admin

Hi ilovetennis,

Thanks for your post. A couple of thoughts below, in blue:

I'm a 20 year old female and have genital warts.
I found out a few days ago. I'm still in shock, crying all day.
The most frustrating part was that I was a virgin and the first guy I have ever slept with gave me HPV. We love each other so much and I'm ashamed to say I haven't exactly been easy on him. He couldn't have known, but it still angers me because I've never done anything bad enough in my life for this to happen :(
It's so sad, I don't know if we can ever have a healthy sex life again, whether I'd still be fertile either...whenever I think about it I just cry my eyes out.

The doctor prescribed Aldara for the warts and referred me to this clinic.
I just don't know what to expect. Will I need to have warts surgically or physically removed even if I am on aldara? Aldara can be used up to 16 weeks and often works fine by itself. When an additional treatment is needed, it can be made easier by the Aldara reducing the size and number of warts to be removed.
Also, with a pap test..will you get results on the same day? Probably not the same day. I really just want to know if I'm cancer prone or not. The types of HPV that cause warts are virtually always "low risk" types NOT linked to cancer. It's important to state, though, that even with "high risk" types, cancer is a very rare outcome.
And what's worse, I don't even know if I have oral HPV, I don't see warts in my mouth (I hope to God they don't come) but since I had oral sex way before I had actual intercourse..wouldn't the warts in my mouth already be visible by now? (It's been like 3 to 4 months). It's a good idea not to perform oral sex while warts are present, of course, but oral warts aren't all that common. Don't lose sleep over this one.

Sorry for rambling :( i just don't feel comfortable talking to anyone else

No prob! Come here anytime you'd like to chat!

thank you for your advice

Anytime!

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]