ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:15 pm 

I have not been diagnosed with hpv but have been checked a few times for it. All the times I went I was told that I did not have it. I did hear one of the dr. whisper to another dr. are you sure its not hpv. So here are my symptoms and all these came about shortly after a one night stand. White patches on my head of penis. There are four of them. They do not seem raised or the normal shape of warts. Two of them are there sometimes and then some times they seem to fad. The other two hurt a little bit, irritating, it sometimes feel like exposed nerves or cold water on that spot. They are kind of like white lines on the suculus of my penis. I have a bunch of bumps that feel like a pea under my skin on my shaft. Not sure if they are cyst or underground warts. I have also notice on my tongue some things that dont look normal. I usually only see it when I brush my teeth or put some tissue on the spot drying it. When I do that bits of skin attach to the paper and come out. Looks like longer taste buds. Im freaking out. What do I do. I have been to four different dr. already. I want to move on with my life. If I am clear I will get back with my ex and marry her but if not I dont know what I will do. Can biopsy's tell me if its hpv and the strain it is?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:54 pm 

Please everyone. You read my message and dont leave me any help. I am really scared here. I need some help. I can not figure out what is going on with my body. The white patches don't really look like the images I see online. Also, has anyone had a hpv infection that hurt or caused some irritation? Because two of mine are causing me some irritation. Also, on my tongue I have some areas that look a bit different then before. The taste buds towards the tip are white and have a red line through it. then I have a couple of bumps that are bigger next to them. Sometimes the bumps are very noticeable and raised and other times it is flat and not very noticible. I need some feedback

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hey there John,

We've been having Internet connectivity issues this week, so sorry for no responses. There's not much we can do to say what is causing your symptoms, and I know how frustrating that is. I can tell you that HPV-related lesions, especially warts in men, are almost always reliably diagnosed with a visual exam, and it seems as if you've done what the protocol would suggest. There can be bumps, ridges, etc of the genitalia for a variety of reasons beyond HPV, and it sounds like your health care providers don't think HPV is the cause in your case. Did they offer an opinion as to what it might be related too, I wonder?

Sorry we can't help more, but post anytime you'd like to chat.

Best,
Fredo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:43 pm 

Thanks for responding Fredo, I can not believe so many people read this and did not respond. I am losing my mind. Im pretty sure it has to be some std because I have been dealing with this for close to 5months now. It is wierd sometimes it will be very noticeable and other times almost gone. A dermatologist diagnosed it as might being fungal but I have been using the meds and it has not gone away yet. I just dont get it. I have contacted the girl that I had the one night stand with and she has been an abnormal pap and had to have a biopsy. They told her it was not cancer and told her they thought it was cysts. To much of a consequence. I just dont know why they dont test for all types of hpv. Why would they just say we thinks its cysts and then let her go on her way way and f' up someone elses life. I ve got another dermatologist appt. this coming week. I am going to ask them to take a scraping of the the areas. What else can I do? Is there any other things I can have done Fredo? Please help thanks....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:50 am 
Site Admin

Hey man,

Women do have abnormal Paps for many reasons other than HPV, and the types of HPV that do cause abnormal Paps seldom lead to visible symptoms in males (or females, for that matter). I think it's good you're asking questions of your health care providers, and maybe trust what they tell you if they say it just doesn't appear to be HPV. Hopefully your next visit will tell you what you're looking for, or can at least rule out some things.

Let us know!

Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]